The aim is for something less complex than the Traveller life path system, but more structured than simple point buy. Structure has the advantage of helping to guide a player into selecting the sort of character that would be useful.
There are three decisions to be made:
- Background - some basic background skills learned at an early age.
- Profession - what the character is trained to do.
- Hobby - some side skills they've picked up along the way.
If the same skill is gained multiple times, then they can stack.
- Gain a duplicate skill of 2, increase the current skill to 3 if it is lower.
- Gain a duplicate skill of 4, increase to 4 if it is 2, or +1 if 3 or higher.
Whenever a skill is duplicated, you also gain a technique in that skill, if there is one available.
Everybody starts with the following skills:
- All talents: 2
- Galanglic 4
- Knowledge (Interstellar) 2
- Knowledge (Sector) 2
- Knowledge (System) 2
- Drive 2 or Computers 2 or Survival 2 or Streetwise 2 or Any talent at 3
- Athletics 4
- Throw 3
- Sport 4
- Research 2
- Computing 2 or Electronics 2
- Science 2 or Mechanics 2
- Brawl 3 or Burglary 2
- Guns 2 or Sleight 4
- Streetwise 2
- Charm 3
- Guile 3
- Current affairs 2 or Gambling 2 or Leadership 2
- Survival 2 or Leadership 2
- Pilot 2 or Guns 2
- Research 4
- Teach 2
- Academic… 4
- Academic… 4
- Administration 2
settings/traveller/characters.txt · Last modified: 2019/01/31 21:14 by sam